Electric erasers are not common knowledge to all people. It is a hint or trick that is passed down to other people. So, learning about this game-changer can take some work.
What kind of electric eraser is best? What kind of cost are you looking at? Are they worth it? We are going to help you decide which electric eraser will benefit you the most.
Whether you are a professional artist, designer, architect, or hobbyist you need the right electric eraser that fits your budget. As a hobbyist or designer, you will want electric erasers for colored pencils. While many artists will need one for graphite.
Best Electric Erasers:
1. Sakura EE-3000 Electric Eraser Kit
Sakura makes one of the most known and recognized electric erasers. This device has one of the strongest erasing capabilities and is durable. It is pocket-sized and will glide across paper. Perfect for professional artists, illustrators, designers, or architects.
Lightweight and effortless erasing. Battery operated so no worries about cords or needing power. For around 35 bucks it will get the job done and do it well.
The Sakura cordless electric eraser is a well-known device. It has been recommended across professions and in the classroom. It will not harm the paper when erased and will completely remove marks. The device comes with extra erasers so it will be a while before you need to purchase refills.
A precision point eraser means that you will not have to worry about getting into small spaces and erasing more than you want. This eraser not only gets into small spaces, but it will remove all the lead.
The Sakura cordless electric erase comes recommended by professionals and though it costs more than some, it is a quality device.
- Lightweight design weighs 2.8 ounces
- Comfortable to hold and compact
- Precision eraser point
- Strong torque and quiet motor
- Cordless design is easy to use anywhere
- Compact for easy travel and use
- Precision erasers for reaching the smallest area
- Works on any type of lead
- Not an economical price
2. Ohuhu Electric Eraser Kit
Ohuhu Electric Eraser Kit comes with a battery eraser pen and several refill erasers. IT even includes a tiny brush that will sweep away the eraser debris. Whether you are a professional or a hobbyist this electric eraser will keep your artwork or masterpieces clean and neat.
Consumers choose this brand because it is an economical device. It can do the work of more expensive brands without the higher price tag. The strong erasing capabilities work well for professionals but also work extremely well for those using adult coloring books.
For the price point, this is a great budget-friendly option when you need an electric eraser.
- One button operation
- Long-lasting erasers and bonus refills included
- Erases in a circular motion and removes all pencil marks
- A compact and lightweight device that gives precision
- Will remove even the wax layer of Prism pencils
- Powerful enough for colored pencils or charcoal
- Comfortable shape and size during use
- Must hold the button down to use
- Can be difficult to find eraser refills
3. AFMAT Electric Eraser for Artists
AFMAT Electric Erasers are unlike the previous options. This eraser includes a 600mAh rechargeable battery. You can use your eraser around 600 times before you must recharge the device. Not only is this device on the cheaper side, you can get 2 for about 20 bucks, but it will also save you money by not needing to buy batteries.
Consumers choose this device for erasing because it is inexpensive. The other reasons are that it is rechargeable, and it erases well. It comes with plenty of extra erasers, giving you more value for your money. Having multiple-sized erasers makes it easier to erase mistakes.
For the price, you get a lot of value for this device. It comes in a 2 pack which will give you double for your dollars.
- Rechargeable 600 mAh Li-ion battery
- 2 eraser holders for different sizes
- Comfort grip design
- Comes with 140 eraser refills
- Erases all different types of pencils
- A rechargeable battery that charges quickly and lasts
- A powerful device that erases quickly and effortlessly
- Two sizes of erasers for more precision
- A large number of extra erasers
- The shape of the eraser is awkward at first
- Erasers will not stay in a device when they reach a certain size
4. Mont Marte Electric Erase
Mont Marte electric eraser kit comes with a battery-operated eraser and 30 eraser refills. The ergonomic handle is easy to hold and helps to keep control and comfort. Compact and easy to use, erase any type of pencil with one-button operation. This eraser will even erase wax-colored pencils.
Consumers choose this device because it is economical and works well-erasing wax color pencils, which are hard to erase. An included plastic case keeps the extra erasers easy to access. It is an easy-to-use tool that will get into the detailed work of your art when you make a mistake.
For those who are in search of a battery-operated eraser, this one has good reviews and will give you good value for your dollar.
- 30 eraser refills included
- Precision eraser
- Will work on a pencil, colored pencil, and charcoal
- Steady control and compact design
- 30 eraser refills included
- Perfect size that has an easy-to-reach button during use
- Battery life is decent for a AAA battery
- Quiet motor when erasing
- Easy on the hand and the paper
- • Takes AAA batteries, these are not known for being long-lasting
5. AFMAT Electric Erasers
AFMAT Electric Eraser has a thin design and comes in both white and black barrels. It comes with 2 eraser sizes. An included pencil case holds the electric eraser and refills. Powered by 2 AAA batteries, this eraser uses a circular motion to completely erase pencil marks.
Consumers prefer this over other brands because it is inexpensive. It also comes with many refills for both sizes of erasers. This device works hard to get any type of pencil removed and will not tear the paper while doing so.
For the price and the extra bonuses you get, this is a good cordless electric eraser.
- Cordless, battery-operated eraser
- Comes with 140 eraser refills
- 2 eraser sizes
- Precision erasing
- Erases all intended marks without tearing the paper
- Slender design that is easy to use
- An included brush will get rid of any debris left behind
- Carrying pouch to keep all the erasers and devices together
- Difficult to put in batteries and to change them.
- The eraser will wobble if not put in just right
6. Art-n-Fly Electric Eraser
Art-n-Fly makes one of the smallest and most compact electric erasers. It has a lot of power in a small device. Works on all types of pencils or graphite, while also being able to erase any type of paper without destroying the paper or smearing the pencil. One button power on and off gives more control over the erasing process.
Consumers choose this device for erasing because it packs a lot of power in a small device. It can handle big jobs and the nib does not wobble. Paper is not destroyed during erasing and will erase most any lines.
If you need a good electric eraser that is budget-friendly, this is a good option.
- Precision point eraser
- One-button control
- Runs on an AAA battery
- Compact design for easy use and travel
- Small design that fits easily in any pencil case
- Extra erasers included for added value
- Inexpensive without sacrificing design
- Doesn’t destroy paper as some can
- The motor could be more powerful
- Must use good batteries for the best performance
7. Tihoo Electric Eraser Kit
Tihoo makes one of the least inexpensive electric erasers on the market. It comes in several different designs and colors. Some of their designs are slim flitting, while others have a wider handle that is ergonomic in shape. All come with extra erasers and holders or installers for the eraser device.
Consumers choose this electric eraser because it comes in different colors than other brands. It also is a more economical and affordable device. 2 AAA batteries fit in the barrel, giving it a slimmer hold. The on button must be held so you do not accidentally erase it, it only works when you make it.
For the price and the quality, this is a great option for those who are on a budget.
- Power is controlled by 2 AAA batteries
- Comes with 20 extra erasers and 2 holders for placing in the device
- Will erase any type of pencil marks, including colored
- Precision point for better erasing
- The price is much lower than other brands
- Comes in different sizes to better fit users
- Can use most of the eraser before changing
- Quiet and powerful motor
- Longer barrel than most devices on the market
8. XREXS Electric Eraser Kit
XREXS Electric Eraser Kit is a battery-operated eraser that has a clean and professional design. It includes 2 sizes of erasers that can do the smallest or largest of correction jobs. With little effort, you hold the button and let the eraser do the work. Erasers are easy to replace and come with extra inclusions for placement in the device.
Consumers prefer this electric eraser due to the professional design of the device. Batteries and erasers are easy to install and take just seconds to complete. It is inexpensive enough to allow children to use and works well with colored pencils in coloring books.
For an affordable price, this is a good option for someone who needs an electric eraser for school, work, or hobbies.
- Slim barrel design
- 2 sizes of erasers for more precision
- The compact and durable barrel will fit in any bag or purse
- Battery-operated for easy travel
- Slim design that works well for many people
- A powerful eraser that goes through graphite
- Do not destroy paper or smear
- Not comfortable to hold for some people
- The button is difficult to push
Factors to Consider
Before considering an electric eraser, it is important to understand how this device works. Don’t think it is for lazy people who refuse to do the work to erase. It is a tool that can change the way you create your art or projects.
Now you’re wondering, how do electric erasers work? It’s simple. Electric erasers are turned on and the precision eraser at the tip moves in a circular motion. This motion can cleanly erase mistakes or add highlights to your work. It does it more smoothly and cleanly than a traditional eraser could. This type of eraser can also be used across more media than a traditional eraser.
There are several factors to consider when trying to choose which electric eraser to get. Those are:
Most people have a price in mind when they purchase something, even an electric eraser. Decide on what you are willing to spend. Several budget-friendly options are $5 to $10. While some cost $40.
Small motors are like car engines, they are all different. Do you need an eraser that will erase graphite or denser media? If so, you will need a stronger powered electric eraser.
If you are just getting an electric eraser for drawing or sketching, then you could do fine with a simpler model.
Also, some of the tools have a power button that you must hold while erasing, and others you can turn on.
Ones that you hold the button may give you more control, but some people cannot hold the button and erase it effectively. Keep that in mind when choosing.
Rechargeable or battery-operated
Though all the electric erasers we shared are cordless, some were able to be charged through a USB. If you would like the simplicity of not dealing with batteries or the extra cost of batteries, buying a rechargeable eraser would be your best option.
Eraser points vary across brands. Keep in mind the spaces you typically want to alter. If you use your eraser to highlight or for detail work, buying a finer-pointed eraser tip would benefit you the most.
Using an electric eraser for large areas is possible with the larger tips, but you can also use a precise tip. Being able to switch out sizes is possible in some brands and can benefit many professionals, students, or hobbyists.
There are many different sizes of electric erasers. Some have a wide barrel, while others are longer and thinner. Many are compact and fit tightly in your hand. Not every device will be comfortable for all people. If you like a more ergonomic feel, then you would not want to buy a tall and thin eraser. Buy what is comfortable to use and that you can control easily.
We have given you many different choices and a variety of features in electric erasers. You have more information than the majority of consumers and can find the electric eraser for artists.
As people who draw and write, we would recommend the AFMAT rechargeable electric eraser. This eraser is not only economical in price, but you will not have to worry about batteries. It charges quickly and will hold a charge for a long time. It can also be recharged on the go from a power bank.
The other top choice of ours is the Tihoo. This device has many different options in shapes and sizes. It is also under $10 so it is very affordable. At the price of it, you can carry it around worry-free.
Now that you have information about the top brands and our picks, you can choose which one is for you. What are you waiting for? Go buy your electric eraser today and change how you do art!