Pencil cases are essential for any student or artist. A high-quality pencil case will keep your writing supplies organized and easy to access while adding a touch of style. But where do you start when looking for pencil cases?
Fortunately, this list of the 10 best pencil cases has a variety of styles and uses to choose from and the tips guide at the end will tell you everything you need to know when choosing a pencil case.
We researched and analyzed various pencil cases to find the best pencil case for college students, artists, and working professionals.
When we analyzed each pencil case, we looked at features like size, the material used, organizational pockets, and cost. The following list includes the best pencil cases available today and is sure to have a pencil case to meet your needs.
Best Pencil Cases:
1. EASTHILL Big Capacity Colored Canvas Storage Pouch
The sophisticated look and design of this case make it one of the best pencil cases for adults. This original design has been a favorite for ten years and the company has been sure to improve on the case over that time as well, based on customer suggestions.
This case has a large storage pocket with two access zippers. The smaller zipper pocket has its own sleeve to carry extra pens. The case can hold up to 50 pens and pencils. Made out of 100% new canvas and strong zippers, this case is durable and long-lasting.
Frequent users of this pencil case love the variety of colors it comes in and they say that it is the perfect case for traveling. Users love that you can access the pouch from two different zippers and they like the extra pen organizer in the small pocket.
With a 365-day money-back warranty you can be sure that you will love this pencil case or get your money back.
- This case comes with a 365-day money-back guarantee, excluding human error.
- This large-sized pencil case is a great deal for the money.
- The size and shape of this pencil case make it a perfect double makeup bag.
- This pencil case is smaller than the other ones on this list.
- While this case is made of canvas, it is a thinner canvas
2. Homecube Pencil Case
If you are looking for a case that is stylish and functional, the modern design of this zipper-style pencil case combined with its organizational pockets is sure to make this your new favorite pencil case.
This case is made of high-quality Oxford fabric in black, blue, grey, or green. The large storage pockets in this pencil case hold up to 60 pens and pencils and a graphing calculator, which makes this perfect for a student or young professional. The detachable center pocket has loops to add around 4 extra pens and pencils.
Customers love this pencil case for its quality and the way that the pockets are sectioned off. They say that this durable pencil case is a great deal for the money.
If you are looking for good pencil cases for school, this beautiful design will hold all your writing supplies with style for an affordable price.
- This pencil case is set up to hold more than just pens and pencils. You can carry erasers, calculators, highlighters, and more.
- This case comes with a 100% money-back guarantee if it arrives with a flaw.
- While the center divider holds about 5 pencils, the main compartment is built to hold more, but with very little room for organization. Be sure to keep your most used pens and pencils in the loops on the center divider for easy access.
3. LIHIT LAB Pencil Case
The best men’s pencil case on this list is definitely this Lihit Lab pen case. You can easily store all of your supplies for work or school in this rugged and handsome polyester pencil case.
Each pencil case zips open on three out of four sides so it lays flat like a book when open. The inside features multiple compartments with a variety of straps, sleeves, and pouches to store your writing supplies. This pouch will hold more than just your pencils and pens, but stationary, erasers, a calculator, and more.
People love the available organization for a variety of supplies and say that this case is perfect for both students and artists. Some say that this is the best pencil case and is worth every penny.
Lihit Lab makes a variety of sizes for this rugged pencil case that will hold all your supplies neatly and professionally. You are sure to love this case for keeping you organized.
- You can choose from black, blue, brown, coral, green camouflage, jet black, navy camouflage, orange and yellow-green for a customized look.
- It comes in a variety of sizes that hold between 12 and 40 pens and other writing supplies.
- This case is pretty affordable.
- The mesh pockets don’t have elastic bands so they are not as secure as they could be.
- Because the fabric is polyester instead of canvas, this case is not as durable as it potentially could be.
4. Super Stacker Large Pencil Box
In your search for the best pencil box, you should consider this large pencil box from Super Stacker. This brand of various sizes of plastic containers has a stackable version of a pencil holder to keep all your supplies neat and organized.
Each stackable box is 9 x 5.5 x 2.5 inches big with a snap-tight lid to keep your supplies secure. The durable plastic of this design will keep your writing supplies safe in most situations. This box can hold up to 100+ pencils, 50+ pens, 30+ markers, or 152+ crayons.
People say that this is an excellent product for what you are getting. They love the durability of this pencil box as well as the number of writing utensils that you can fit inside.
This is one of the best pencil boxes for students. This simple and rugged design is sure to keep all your supplies in one easy-to-reach location.
- This brand also offers stackable containers in a variety of sizes to keep your entire office organized.
- This is an affordable pencil box.
- There are no organizational compartments to this box so all your supplies will be mixed in with each other, making it harder to find a specific writing utensil.
- The lid of this box is separate and can be separated from the box so you want to be sure to keep the box and the lid nearby at all times.
5. BTSKY Deluxe PU Leather Pencil Case
BTSKY makes a book-style pencil case that is easily one of the best pencil cases for artists. This book-style pencil case has dividers that flip like pages to keep your pens and pencils organized in groups.
This faux-leather pencil case is 9.45 x 2.56 x 7.87 inches and has individual loops for up to 124 pencils with three larger spaces to hold erasers or pencil sharpeners.
Many people agree that this is one of the best pencil cases and it has exceeded all expectations. Customers have said that they love the organization and that this case can have multiple uses.
This book-style pencil case combines style and function. If you are looking for a larger pencil case that will carry over 100 pencils and pens, this case will be perfect for you!
- Easily locate exactly what you are looking for with this book-style pencil case with loops to keep your writing utensils organized.
- This case comes with a 9.45-inch carrying strap for ease of travel.
- Available in 9 different colors.
- Because of the shape of this case, it is difficult to store other supplies like calculators.
- This is a pricier pencil case.
6. iSuperb Transformer Stand Store Pencil Holder
iSuperb makes awesome pencil cases and other stationery storage items and this adorable pencil case will be a conversation piece wherever you bring it. The unique design of this pencil case keeps your writing supplies organized while being able to access everything quickly and easily.
This canvas pencil bag is 7.5 x 4.9 x 3 inches big with a zipper design on the top of the case. When you unzip the case, it folds down to expose all your supplies for easy access.
This case has rave reviews. People love the cute style and unique design of this pencil case. Many say that this is a great gift for students, artists, and stationery lovers.
If you know a creative cat lover in your life, this pencil case would make the perfect gift. This case has a great design and keeps your pencils, pens and other supplies organized and secure.
- The unique design folds down to expose your pencils and pens in a standing case.
- The adorable cat design comes in four different colors: blue, gray, khaki, and pink. And the usual “grid” without a cat picture
- If this case is very full, it may not stand upright while open, but you can still easily access your pens.
- This case may be too short for longer pens and pencils.
7. Blue Q Art Supplies Pencil Case
The retro design of this pencil case adds style while still maintaining the organization. While this case is smaller than most on the list, you can feel good knowing that this case is recycled.
This small pencil case is 4.25 x 8.5 inches and is made from 95% post-consumer recycled material. Each case will keep your favorite pens, pencils, and erasers safe and together while you travel around.
Customers love the retro design and the brand Blue Q itself. They love that the case is environmentally friendly as well.
If you are looking for a pencil case with more style than functionality, this little case is the perfect option. While it doesn’t hold as many pencils and pens as other cases on this list, it is environmentally friendly with a cool retro design.
- This pencil case is waterproof to keep your supplies dry and easy to clean with a wet cloth.
- One percent of the sales of this pencil case goes to supporting the Nature Conservancy.
- This case is more expensive than the other ones on the list.
- This glossy pencil case looks wrinkly but that is because of the recycled content that the case is made from.
8. ZIPIT Monster Pencil Case
The crazy fun design of this case makes it the best pencil case for kindergarten. The monster face design of this case makes it great for kids to keep their school supplies together.
This case fits up to 30 pens and pencils and the zipper on this case looks like the monster’s teeth. The case is 8.6 x 0.78 x 3.54 inches and is made of one long zipper sewn together. Made of durable polyester fiber, this case is machine washable on a gentle cycle.
People say that this case is the perfect pencil case for primary school students and they love how versatile this case is. Customers say that they love the various colors that this case comes in so you can buy multiple cases for multiple people in your life.
If you have a child in your life that is starting school soon, this monster case by ZIPIT is the best pencil case to organize writing supplies.
- You get a lifetime manufacturer warranty against any manufacturer defects.
- This case comes in 13 different colored monsters.
- Each case goes through a six-stage quality assurance process to ensure that you will be delivered the best product possible.
- The polyester in this case is not as durable as other canvas-made bags.
- This case is fairly expensive.
9. KAYOND Hard Pencil Case
Another great case in our list of good quality pencil cases is the Kayond hard-shell pencil case. This case resembles many hard-shell suitcases with zippers, making it perfect for traveling with your pencils.
This case is 8.4 x 3.4 x 2 inches with a mesh pocket for carrying oddly shaped supplies, and a sleeve in the middle for holding more pencils. The zipper goes all the way around the case so the case can be opened to lay flat for easy access. A hard plastic shell keeps your supplies safe, even when dropped.
People love that this case is padded on the inside as well for extra protection. This case is perfect for everyday use and travel alike and many people have purchased more than one of these cases.
This case is easy to use and can store the majority of your writing supplies, including erasers and more while keeping everything safe and secure. For the cost, you can get this hard-shell case to keep all your supplies organized and secure.
- The middle sleeve has loops to keep up to 10 pens in and extra storage space in the front and the mesh pocket can hold even more.
- Each case can come in black, gold, or grey.
- Because the shell is made of plastic it will show scratch marks easily, especially if dropped.
- The zipper on this product can be delicate and break easily.
10. Creative Canvas Roll Up Pencil Case Large Capacity
Finally, on this list of amazing pencil cases is this classic roll-up pencil case from Antimax. This design has been used for centuries to carry writing supplies. If you are looking for cute pencil cases with compartments, this design comes with up 72 slots to hold your pens, pencils, and erasers.
This durable case is made of soft canvas fabric with straight stitching and individual loops for carrying between 36 and 72 pencils. The case easily rolls into a compact design that can fit in your bookbag or purse.
Users love that you get what you see: a durable and convenient pencil holder. People are even saying that they’ve purchased multiple versions of this pencil case for its ease of use.
This old-school design for carrying pencils is easy and efficient. For the price, you can keep your pencils and pens easily organized and ready to travel.
- Each case can hold up to 72 pencils at 32.3 x 7.9 inches and rolls up into a compact space that will fit easily into your bag.
- You can choose from a plain white canvas design or a canvas with a creative design on it.
- There aren’t many spots in this case to hold much more than pencils. If you want to carry erasers, calculators, rulers, or other differently shaped objects, this may not be the case for you.
Tips for Choosing the Best Pencil Cases
As you can see from this list, there are a variety of different pencil cases in different shapes and sizes. It may seem overwhelming to choose the best pencil case for your needs. Here is a list of things to consider when you are trying to pick the best pencil case.
Size and capacity
This is primarily important when you want to store a large number of supplies. Also, take into account if you want to store irregularly shaped items like erasers or calculators.
Polyester is one of the most affordable materials, but if you are looking for durability you may want to go with something that is canvas or hard plastic.
Shape and style
The shape of a case can play a big role in how portable it is. Some cases may hold a lot of pencils, but be more difficult to tote around than other cases.
While everything on this list is fairly comparatively priced, you want to pay attention to the size of the case that you are buying for the price you pay.
Which pencil case you should choose depends on what you plan to use it for. If you are looking to keep an entire pen collection together and organized by color, you may want to try something like the Creative Canvas Roll-Up Pencil Case. If you are less concerned with the organization and just need a place to keep a large number of supplies, the Super Stacker Large Pencil Box might work better for your needs.
The decision is based primarily on personal preference, but this list of things to consider will help you choose the best pencil case for your wants and needs.
Making The Decision
This list of the best pencil cases is sure to have something that will work for you. Whether you need to carry a hundred pencils at a time or you are looking for something that will carry accessories too will play an important factor, and this list has something for everyone.
After reading the tips on choosing the best pencil you will have a better idea of what to consider during your search. Regardless of what you are looking for, this list has pencil cases that are large and canvas, small and made of recycled material, or medium-sized and made of hard plastic.
Jump-start your organization today and find the pencil case that works best for you!