Are you tired of cheap, low-quality erasers ruining your precious artwork? We’ve reviewed eight of the kneaded erasers for drawing. Listed below are the features, pros, cons, and consumer responses to each.
A high-quality eraser is an essential part of any artist’s kit and greatly contributes to successful results.
However, the wrong eraser can turn a brilliant work of art into a frustrating ordeal that ends up in the trash. Keep reading to find out which eraser is best suited for your needs, so your artwork ends up in a gallery instead of the garage.
Best Kneaded Erasers:
1. Faber-Castell Kneaded Eraser
The Faber-Castell kneaded eraser is the optimal eraser for corrections. It can lighten charcoal as well as pencils and pastels. This eraser also has high flexibility. The Faber-Castell kneaded eraser is highly absorbent and easy to use. Most importantly, this product does not leave behind any litter or discoloration on the page.
Consumers love that this eraser stays clean and lasts longer because of the plastic storage case. It is also able to be divided easily with a sharp razor blade if the artist wants a smaller size. Consumers also report this eraser does not shred or damage the paper in any way.
You must be careful not to leave this product out around children, as it is sticky and may become embedded in the carpet.
- Product Dimensions: 4.3 x 3.9 x 0.5 in
- Plastic case for storage after use
- Kneadable and absorbent
- The perfect drawing eraser choice for artists, sketch pencils, drawing supplies
- For cleaning slides and final drawing touch-up
- Long lifespan
- Easily moldable to suit varying size and shape needs
- Plastic storage case so it doesn’t dry out
- Lightens charcoal, pencils, and pastels
- Do not shred paper or ruin your work
- May become embedded in the carpet
2. Prismacolor Premier Eraser Set
You may need an assortment of tools to fit your creative needs. This three-pack offers a kneaded eraser in addition to a gum and plastic eraser. The plastic eraser is latex-free. The ArtGum eraser works well on dry media and graphite. The kneaded eraser is easily moldable to fit variously shaped and sized spaces.
Consumers report these erasers to work well for a variety of mediums. The kneaded eraser expertly lifts graphite to create highlights in delicate places, such as in hair or eyes. It also removes chalk, pastel pencils, pencils, and charcoal.
- Kneaded eraser: .25 x 1.25 x 1.5 in
- Gum eraser: 1” cubed
- Plastic eraser: 2.5 x .8 x .5 in
- 3-Pack – Kneaded, ArtGum, and latex-free plastic
- Kneaded rubber eraser molds easily into the size and space of what you’re erasing
- A kneaded eraser is easily cleaned by kneading it
- Plastic eraser removes Indian ink and absorbs graphite
- Meets a wide variety of artistic needs
- These erasers do not blend
- ArtGum erasers may damage thin paper
3. Mr. Pen Erasers
Are you an architect, designer, art teacher, or sketch artist? The Mr. Pen eraser set is a top pick for you. Its versatility enables you to erase whatever you want. This set includes kneaded erasers for charcoal, pencil, and pastels. It also includes gum erasers to remove smudges and plastic/vinyl erasers to remove any unwanted pencil marks.
Consumers love this high-quality product and its low price point. In this case, a cheap price does not mean a cheap product. Art teachers rave over its affordability.
This product erases various mediums well and does not damage paper. It is easy to use for both beginners and experienced artists. Consumers enthusiastically express intentions to repurchase this product.
- Product Dimensions: 7.6 x 6.8 x .6 in
- Plastic eraser is latex-free
- Durability for long use
- Includes 3 kneaded, 3 artist gum, and 3 vinyl erasers
- Effortlessly Without Damaging The Paper
- Plastic Erasers: Latex-Free Erasers, Removes Pencil Marks
- Great for teachers and students
- Low price-point to keep your wallet fat
- Don’t leave litter behind and create a mess
- Varying assortment meets a wide range of artistic needs
- Does not include a plastic storage case for kneaded eraser
- May not be gluten-free
4. June Gold Kneaded Erasers
June Gold grey kneaded erasers do more than just erase. These kneaded erasers assist with blending, shading, smoothing, correcting, and brightening your artwork. You will only have to fold the eraser over onto itself to clean it. It does not leave litter or rubber residue behind on the page, nor does it damage your paper.
This product performs well despite consumers’ struggle with its elasticity. It does not damage or discolor paper. Consumers say this product is perfect for adding delicate and precise highlights to any sketch.
- Product Dimensions: 3 x 3 x .2 in
- Blends, shades, smooths, and corrects
- Easy to clean
- Absorbent Material Erases and/or Lightens Charcoal, Pastel, Highlighting, Chalk, Colored Pencils, and Graphite
- Helps to Blend, Shade, Smooth, Correct, and Brighten your Sketches and Drawings
- A pack of 6 means no need for immediate restock
- Leaves no mess behind
- Removes charcoal, pastel, chalk, colored pencils, and graphite
- Does not leave rubber residue
- Durable for long use
- Limited elasticity and pliability
- No storage case included
- May not be gluten-free
5. Vanish 4-in-1 Artist Eraser
If you’re an artist on the go, less is more. No one wants to lug around more art supplies than they need to. Simplify your life with the Vanish eraser. This eraser eliminates the need to carry around the bulk of individual erasers! This all-in-one product replaces gum, vinyl, and kneaded erasers with its slim design.
Consumers are ecstatic about the gentleness of this eraser. It doesn’t even damage tissue! Artists want to repurchase this product.
- Eraser dimensions: 2.5 x .75 x .75 in
- Replaces gum, vinyl, and kneaded erasers
- Erases graphite, charcoal, and pastels
- Instead of making crumbs, the Vanish rolls with the stroke leaving one a nice clean strip at the end.
- Doesn’t damage expensive paper, doesn’t smear graphite, and can even erase lines under the ink.
- An All-in-one eraser saves space and cash
- Works on most popular mediums
- Does not require specific storage
- Will not dry out
- Cannot be shaped
- May not work well on colored pencils
6. General’s Jumbo Eraser
Some artists choose to work on a larger canvas, therefore they need a larger eraser. This is a good art eraser for larger-than-life drawings. This putty eraser is easily molded to fit the hands of the artist to ensure precise control and clean lines.
This eraser lives up to its jumbo name and is very pliable. It is a high-quality product at a reasonable price point. While it is a bit tacky to the touch, it does not leave residue on your hands nor your artwork.
- Eraser size: 2 x 2 x .25
- Extra soft, non-abrasive
- Made in the USA
- Jumbo Size
- High-quality material
- Does not crumble
- May not be gluten-free
7. Bellofy Kneaded Erasers
Bellofy kneaded erasers are among the pencil erasers for artists. These premium erasers allow you to control lighting and shading in your drawings without hassle. This product is the perfect tool for creating clean lines. A premium bulk pack of 12 erasers is most cost-effective for those in a classroom setting or professional artists.
Bellofy erasers are at a fair price point for the quality of the product. Consumers also rave about mess-free use. This product is great for art students or beginners.
- Eraser dimensions: 1.57 x 1.18 x .23 in
- Pliable and absorbent putty
- All-purpose use works with the most popular mediums
- Super Absorbent, Easy to Knead
- Made for Pencil, Charcoal, and Pastel
- 30-day money-back guarantee
- Multipurpose use with pastel, pencil, and charcoal
- Easily formed to fit your needs
- Eco-friendly putty protects the environment
- Bulk purchase saves money
- May not be gluten-free
Deciding What to Buy
While all the products on this list are highly reviewed, the Faber-Castell pack of four kneaded erasers is our top choice for its price point, quality, and included storage. It is an excellent choice for both beginners and seasoned artists alike.
However, the Vanish 4-in-1 Eraser is better for those looking to save both space and money. Ultimately, it is up to you to choose which product best suits your needs.