If you are looking for acrylic paintbrushes, this post will help you decide what is right for you. This article includes a list of the best brushes available at a variety of price points. We will show you the pros and cons of each brush and explain which factors are most important to consider when shopping for new acrylic paint brushes. Read on to find your acrylic painting brush today!
Best Acrylic Paint Brushes:
1. Crafts 4 All Paint Brushes 12 Set Professional
One of the top acrylic paint brushes for artists is by Crafts 4 All. This standard set of wooden-handled acrylic paint brushes comes in a variety of fine tips for detail work.
The wooden handles are short and the nylon bristles come in a variety of fine tips for precision acrylic painting. The ferrules are made of rust-free aluminum and are double-crimped. This set makes a great starter kit for someone wanting to get into painting.
Customers use this paintbrush set for crafting as well as canvas painting. They say that the brushes do not fray or come out in the paint and that the price is affordable.
This is a great starter kit or addition to your current collection.
- This set is affordable at just over $10.
- 12 different brushes with nylon bristles are easy to clean and re-shape without fraying or shedding.
- Can be used for canvas painting, lettering, crafting, and more.
- While this set is great for beginner and intermediate painters, this is not a professional brush set.
2. Benicci Complete Acrylic Paint Set
This complete kit comes with everything you need to get started with acrylic painting.
Twelve bushes of various sizes and cuts let you get precise lines regardless of what type of brushstroke you are going for. This kit also comes with 24 different colored acrylic paints as well as a bonus paint knife for mixing colors and a sponge for keeping your brushes and paint knife clean between uses.
Customers love that this is a complete kit and a perfect gift for any artist in your life.
This kit includes the artist’s brushes for acrylic painting as well as a fine assortment of acrylic paints to get you started on your creative journey!
- This set has everything you need to get started with acrylic painting, including a bonus paint knife for mixing colors.
- Benicci offers a 365-day money-back guarantee so you can try this set with no risk to you.
- Because this is an entire kit, it is on the more expensive side.
3. Mont Marte Art Paint Brushes Set
This brush set comes with the most variety of brush types with 15 different sizes. This is one of the acrylic paint brushes for professionals because of the Taklon bristles.
Each paintbrush is easy to clean and reshape. The ferrule is made of rust-free aluminum and is double-crimped. Each fine-tip brush in this set comes with a plastic protection tube to keep the bristles from fraying or bending out of shape.
Many people say that these are good quality brushes for their price point. With the variety of brush tips to choose from your possibilities are limited only by your imagination.
This basic set offers a great variety for a decent price and would work well for beginners or professionals.
- Double-crimped aluminum ferrule means that your bristles are secure and your paintbrush is durable.
- The included zipper holder lets you carry your paint brushes with you wherever you go.
- This set is more expensive than others on this list at just under $25.
4. Adi’s Art Pro Paint Brushes Set for Acrylic
If you’re looking for paintbrushes for acrylic painting then this set is perfect for you! This elegant, light-colored set of 10 brushes is great if you are just starting out or if you are a professional looking for a standard set of brushes to fill out your collection.
These nylon brushes have birch wood handles with synthetic bristles and an aluminum ferrule. Adi’s Art Pro is so confident that you will love these brushes that they offer a 12-month guarantee on this set.
Consumers say that these brushes are comfortable to use and work as well as most professional brushes at an affordable price.
This set of brushes is as beautiful as it is functional and you will not be disappointed!
- A 100% satisfaction guarantee means that you can try these brushes risk-free to see if they’re right for you.
- The bristles on this brush tend to fall out so I would recommend crimping your ferrule with each use.
5. D’Artisan Shoppe Artist Paint Brush Set Professional 15pc
If you want acrylic paint brushes for beginners without breaking the bank, D’Artisan Shoppe has the perfect brush set complete with a carrying case. This set has a professional look and feel without compromising quality.
This 15-piece set comes with four natural hog hair bristle brushes as well as 11 synthetic bristle brushes, each brush holds a significant amount of paint and glides across the canvas. From the broadest brush down to the finest tip, you can create masterpieces with this set.
Those who use these brushes say that they are professional quality brushes at an affordable price. They say that the brushes are of outstanding quality and comfort.
This set makes the perfect gift for any artist in your life.
- A convenient carrying case makes this portable brush set a perfect gift for any artist in your life.
- The combination of hog bristle brushes and synthetic bristle brushes gives you a unique painting experience based on which brush you use.
- This brush set is among the more expensive sets on our list.
6. Mont Marte Premium Paint Brush Set 15 Piece
These high-quality artist paint brushes are great for artists on the go.
This set of 15 brushes comes with a roll-up carrying case with magnetic closures to secure the case. The brushes range from broad-tipped to fine-tipped and are a great addition to any brush collection.
People who use this set love the carrying case with magnetic closures which makes this set great for college freshmen.
This set is perfect for completely covering your canvas with broad strokes or fine detail work on smaller canvases.
- The variety of widths in this kit lets you work on every detail of your painting from start to finish.
- The magnetic roll case keeps your brushes together and organized.
- Because the gloss finish is painted onto the wood, chips of paint may fall onto your canvas while you are working.
- This set is more expensive than others coming in at just under $40.
7. Mont Marte Gallery Series Acrylic Brush Set
This six-piece set of the artist paint brushes varies in tip thickness for broad strokes as well as superfine lines.
The synthetic bristles of these brushes are durable pick up a lot of paint and glide smoothly on the canvas each time.
People say this kit offers a great variety for someone looking for their first set of brushes for acrylic painting. They say that these brushes are of great quality at an affordable price.
If you are looking for your first set of brushes this six-piece set by Mont Marte is the one for you.
- Round brush design allows for broad strokes as well as fine lines from the same brush tip.
- The nylon bristles are durable while providing soft brush strokes each time.
- The fibers in this brush may shed after vigorous use.
8. Majestic Royal and Langnickel Short Handle Paint Brush Set
These are easily some of the paintbrushes for acrylic paint. The sleek black look of these brushes adds style to functionality.
This set of fine tips comes in 11 different sizes to give you the most precise detail in your acrylic painting. The ergonomic handle prevents hand pain when working on fine details.
Users of this brush set say that it is extremely comfortable to use, even for long periods. Many appreciate that the wood is sturdy and does not seem flimsy like other paintbrush kits may be.
This is a great set when you are looking to do extensive detail work.
- This set offers professional-grade fine-tipped brushes at an affordable price.
- Eleven different fine tips mean that you can get exactly the precision you are looking for.
- This set does not come with protective plastic for the brush tips so you have to be extra careful storing them.
9. Komina Acrylic Paint Brush Set of 10
The gorgeous and functional carrying case allows you to travel with this acrylic paint brush set and stand it up for easy access when you need it.
This set comes with 15 brushes and the case allows for easy organization. The brush tips include a fan-tip, round-tip, and flat-tip, among others.
Customers love the case that this brush set comes in and say that it helps to protect and preserve the brushes. They say that the brushes are well crafted and a great set to give as a gift.
This is a great case for students and beginners who want to keep their brushes organized.
- The zipper carrying case allows brushes to stand up for easy access when in use.
- This is a more expensive kit with 15 brushes for just under $20.
10. Jerry Q Art 12 Pcs Detail Paint Brushes
Finally, some of the cheap acrylic paintbrushes are from Jerry Q Art. This set of light wood-colored fine-tipped brushes combines style with functionality.
The short wooden handles of these brushes give you precise control every time and the fine synthetic bristles hold plenty of paint.
Customers say that these are excellent detail brushes for the price and appreciate the natural wood finish.
For detailed work with quality brushes, this set will provide everything you need.
- Double-crimped ferrules mean that your brush won’t wobble while you work.
- The variety of fine tips is perfect for acrylic artists doing detailed work.
- There are no larger brush sizes in this kit. It is strictly for fine lines and detailed work.
Factors to Consider
Not all types of paintbrushes are created equal and choosing from high-quality paintbrush brands can be a challenge. Different types of professional artists’ paint brushes for acrylic painting have different features. Here are some things to consider when shopping for various quality paintbrush brands:
Both natural and animal hairbrushes generally work equally as well as synthetic bristles so you can choose either based on personal preference.
Artists who intend to do more detailed work generally prefer to work with shorter handles, whereas larger pieces are easier to paint with longer handles.
This list provides options that are affordable as well as more expensive professional options. Decide your budget as well as what you are willing to pay per brush and decide accordingly.
Some sets on this list come with carrying cases or plastic bristle covers to protect your brushes. While these accessories may mean a higher price point, they can help to preserve your brushes in the long run.
The ferrule is the metal piece that holds the bristles onto the handle. Every brush set on this list has double-crimped ferrules. Some are made of nickel and some are made of aluminum but all are rust-free.
Choosing between bristle types and ferrule materials may seem overwhelming but rest assured that any brush set on this list would be a great addition to your collection.
Whether you are looking to add to your collection or find a gift for an artist in your life, determine which factors are most important to you.
Deciding which of these factors is most important to you will help you better be able to choose the right brush set. While the decision ultimately comes down to personal choice, these are the primary factors to take into consideration.
Making The Decision
My top pick of acrylic paint brushes is the Benicci Complete Acrylic Paint Set. Because this set comes with a variety of brushes and acrylic paint it is perfect for someone just starting out with acrylic paint.
Of course, if you are simply looking for a basic brush kit at an affordable price, the Crafts 4 All Paint Brushes 12 Set Professional gives you 12 brushes for just over $10.
Decide what’s right for you and get started on your acrylic painting today!