College life is a heck of a thing. You get there, you’re all excited, and then the storm of responsibilities like work and school loads come crashing down on you.
If you’re a college student, you undeniably need a daily planner to keep your life in as much order as possible. The options for planners on this list range from no-frills agendas to deluxe planners that could transform your life.
Whether you’re school-focused, work-focused, or chasing other goals while you finish your degree will determine what kind of planner is the best fit for you. No matter your style, there’s a planner to help you kill it.
Because you’re a college student, we’ve reviewed the best planners for college students and compared layouts, note sections, dating methods, etc. to create a list of suitable planners for college students. Read the reviews to find the best planner for college students.
Best Planners for College Students:
1. Clever Fox Planner for StudentsView at Amazon
The Clever Fox Daily Planner is undated so you can begin using it at any time. That’s great news because no other planner can get you organized so quickly and efficiently. You’ll want to start using it right away instead of waiting for the New Year.
This planner is an undoubted bargain. It features an elegant, faux leather color that comes in a variety of colors. The A5 size is ideal for carrying with you everywhere you go so that you’ll always have your schedule and reminders at your fingertips.
The Clever Fox Daily Planner is packed with innovative layouts that are designed to help you lead your best life ever. This daily planner is large enough to accommodate six months of your plans and dreams.
Perhaps the most helpful layout is the daily pages, which give you a separate page for each day. It includes an hourly schedule so that you’ll never miss a meeting or an appointment. You’ll also be able to track the main goal of the day, and your priorities for the day and keep a personal to-do list.
At the end of the day, you can complete a productivity review to reflect on how you’ll improve tomorrow.
Of course, this planner also includes other helpful layouts for weekly and monthly planning and review. Additional layouts for setting and strategizing goals and a mind map further are included. It’s difficult to imagine a daily planner having better, more well-thought-out features than this one.
Users say that they have managed to make their lives more productive and rewarding after just a few weeks of using the Clever Fox Daily Planner. However, it is vital to keep in mind that this is a six-month planner so you will need two to cover a one-year period.
Being aware of this leaves you free to enjoy the prompts for goal setting and the heightened awareness of your priorities.
People love how this planner provides places to track all sorts of metrics relating to fitness, finances, business, personal relationships, and much more.
It’s possible to cover every facet of your life, which gives you the opportunity to really focus on what you want.
- High-quality 120 gsm paper that won’t let the ink bleed through
- Three ribbon bookmarks
- Pocket for storing small items and papers
- A large section for notes
- Habit tracker
- Helps you be more productive today
- Daily layouts have an hourly schedule
- Tons of goal-setting tools
- Ribbon bookmarks may fray
2. Legend Planner – Deluxe Weekly & Monthly Life Planner for College StudentsView at Amazon
Students at the high school and college levels need a planner that keeps them on their toes. That’s exactly why the Legend Planner has been chosen as one of the top-rated planners for students. It has numerous features that make it a natural choice for a goal-oriented student who has several responsibilities to track.
The academic years are times of enormous growth, and that is something that the Legend Planner supports. It contains all sorts of exercises related to visualization and goal setting.
This encourages the student to envision what they want their life to look like in the future, then reduce that vision to concrete steps that they can take to realize their dreams.
In addition to the goal-setting layouts, this planner further includes weekly and monthly layouts with multiple areas in which the student can write to-do lists and goals, track habits, and make notes about assignments and projects.
With an uncluttered design, there are opportunities for customization and detailed notes. Blank pages in the back of the planner can be used for taking a class or research notes.
Students who need to make detailed notes about each day may need a daily planner instead. For everyone else, this is a well-designed planner that can help students stay ahead of their schedule while also keeping their focus on their goals.
Students will love being able to have a full week’s schedule available at a glance. With three bookmarks, an elastic strap closure, and a pen holder, it’s easy to stay organized and secure with this planner.
- The Legend Planner features 120 gsm paper.
- That’s heavy-duty enough to handle any type of pen.
- Three colorful sheets of stickers make it easy to remember important events.
- The pen loop, elastic closure, three bookmarks, and lay-flat binding make this a convenient planner.
- Because it’s undated, you can start it at any time.
- Convenient A5 size
- Vision Board
- Weekly, monthly, quarterly, and yearly goal tracking
- Individual days are only allotted a portion of a page rather than a full-page
3. GoGirl Planner and Organizer for WomenView at Amazon
GoGirl’s compact size makes it one of the best student planners. If you are burdened with books, a laptop, a purse, and more while you travel from class to class, you probably won’t even notice the addition of this sensibly-sized planner. Despite being diminutive, you will still find plenty to admire in this well-organized offering.
Start off by using the exercises in front of the journal to better define what you want out of life. This may help to shape the classes you take and even the major that you choose. Remember, the clearer your vision of the future is, the more confident you will be in the choices you make.
The GoGirl Planner assists you in this endeavor by challenging you to consider all aspects of your current life and where you want to go. Define your goals, and plan the concrete steps that you need to complete to achieve them. You will also find spots in the weekly and monthly layouts where you can track your progress.
The weekly and monthly pages further are where you will keep track of your class schedule and assignments as well as meetings of study groups, campus events, and other happenings. Colorful stickers make it easy to call attention to important items that you don’t want to miss.
People with small, neat handwriting love the GoGirl Planner. It has thick paper as well as three bookmarks, an elastic closure, and a pen loop. It may be exactly what you need to organize your days, realize your dreams and manage busy social and academic calendars.
- This smaller-than-A5-size planner comes in many colorful covers.
- With one sheet of stickers and three bookmarks, you’ll never lose your place.
- Undated, this planner has sufficient pages for a year.
- The 120 gsm paper is fairly thick, and the imitation leather cover is durable.
- An inner pocket stores small items. The pen loop and elastic closure are convenient additions.
- Stylish design
- Fun, helpful goal-setting exercises
- Concise layouts for busy schedules
- So small that you may not have room to make detailed entries
4. HARDCOVER 2023 Planner: (November 2022 Through December 2023) 5.5″x8″ Daily Weekly Monthly Planner Yearly AgendaView at Amazon
If you’re like most college students, then you’re on a tight budget. The incredibly low price point on this planner certainly makes it an attractive option. Despite its affordability, this spiral-bound agenda has a hard cover that’s incredibly durable.
The movable “today” tab helps you to stay organized along with the month tabs. This dated planner is specifically designed for the academic year.
Accordingly, it’s dated from November 2022 to December 2023. Available in a wide range of choices, the covers are bright, fun, and colorful.
Each month is featured on a two-page spread that’s followed by two-page weekly spreads. In every weekly spread, you’ll find space for goal setting and an inspirational quote.
While the space for each weekday includes plenty of room to write, the spaces for weekend days are smaller, which may be a hindrance for some.
- This spiral-bound planner measures approximately 8.5″x11″ inches.
- A tabbed “Today” bookmark helps you to keep your place in the current week.
- Each month also is tabbed for convenience.
- Included with the planner are 223 stickers, a storage pocket, sticky notes, and a ruler.
- A strong hardcover ensures year-long durability.
- Includes sticky notes
- Helpful “Today” tab
- The corners on the cover bend pretty easily
5. Black Daily Planner 2022-2023 by Panda PlannerView at Amazon
The Panda Planner comes with an interesting story. Its designer, Michael Leip, devised this system after suffering from serious illnesses including cancer and a traumatic brain injury. More than just an agenda, the Panda Planner is based on research regarding happiness and productivity.
In fact, Leip offers a money-back guarantee if this planner doesn’t work for you. The planner is equipped with daily, weekly, and monthly sections.
It gives you opportunities to reflect on gratitude and focus on daily affirmations. Fill in your daily priorities, and then go online to enjoy your free access to six ebooks and a video series to help you meet your goals. This planner is undated, so you can start it at any time. However, it is designed to be used for a maximum of six months.
- Featuring an elastic strap closure and three ribbon bookmarks, the Panda Planner is a convenient choice.
- It has 120 gsm paper too.
- However, it’s worth noting that this planner is designed to last for three to six months depending on how much you use it.
- Essentially an A5-size, this is a portable planner that features monthly, weekly and daily layouts.
- The daily layouts are really detailed
- Several opportunities to review progress
- May help improve productivity
- Lacks a habit tracker
6. AT-A-GLANCE 2023 Monthly PlannerView at Amazon
The Collegiate version of this planner is designed specifically with students in mind. Running from January 2023 to March 2024, you’ll find that this affordable agenda is just right for keeping you on track with your class schedule, projects, homework, papers, and presentations.
High-quality paper resists bleeding ink, and each week is encapsulated on a two-page spread. These weekly pages include hourly scheduling from 7:00 am to 6:00 pm on each weekday. Weekend days do not have hours but are lined to make it easy to enter appointments and reminders.
This straightforward, no-nonsense planner features student reference pages that are meant to make your life easier and more efficient. These reference pages include test-taking tips, time-management tips, and study tips.
- With its 8 by 10 in. measurements and spiral binding, this is a large, no-nonsense choice.
- The dates are pre-printed, and each month has its own tab, with the months running from January 2023 to March 2024.
- A three-year reference calendar, time zone reference sheet, contacts, holidays, and personal information pages are included in the back of the planner.
- Covers 13 months
- Monthly tabs
- Hourly schedules for each day
- The Paper is very thin
7. bloom daily planners 2021-2022 Academic Year Planner & CalendarView at Amazon
This agenda is available in Academic Year and Calendar Year versions, so you can select whichever one appeals most to you. Another option that you get to choose from is the more straightforward academic planner or the vision planner, which places more emphasis on goals and aspirations.
It’s also available in hard and soft covers. Each monthly view features an inspirational quote. Months are tabbed and there are pockets on the inside of both covers. At the end of each month, you’ll find end-of-month reflection questions and goal-tracking pages.
Staying organized and on track has never been easier or looked so stylish. In each weekly, two-page view, virtually equal space is given to weekdays and weekends.
- Including the binding, this planner measures six inches by 8.25 inches.
- It’s spiral bound and printed on 100 gsm paper. Both covers are equipped with inside pockets.
- The covers are made of thick cardstock and feature a pretty, colorful design.
- Pages for holidays, notes, contacts, and more are included.
- Colorful both inside and out
- Covers a full academic year
- Useful extras like a holiday list, contacts pages, and website login tracker
- Some users find the pages hard to turn
8. Blue Sky 2022-2023 Academic Year Weekly & Monthly Planner, 8.5″ x 11″, Frosted Flexible Cover, Wirebound, Roosevelt PinkView at Amazon
Called a “Day Designer,” this is a stylish-looking offering that’s bound to keep you on schedule. It’s dated from July to June for 12 months of academic planning. This just might be the ideal agenda for the person whose days get really complicated.
Each individual day is given its own page with two columns. One column is entitled “Today’s Schedule” and includes space for each hour from 6:00 am to 8:00 pm.
The other column is entitled “To Do” where you could record absolutely anything of importance that needs to get done.
Additional sections on each day’s page include “Today’s Top Three,” an inspirational quote, space for reflecting on gratitude, and a place to record events for “Tonight.” Other sections are designed to help you plan and set goals in addition to staying on track to meet those goals.
- The 8.5 by 11-inch Day Designer planner includes twin-wire binding and a colorful, feminine cover.
- It’s worth noting that the cover is flexible, which may be attractive to some people.
- The colorful pages are tabbed at each month.
- Lined pages for notes are included at the back of the planner.
- A beautiful cover and colorful pages
- Helpful “design your days” exercises
- Good level of detail to keep you organized
- Some users have noted issues with incorrect pre-printed dates and inaccurate holidays
9. Classic Student Happy Planner – Be TrueView at Amazon
Brought to you by The Happy Planner, this agenda is just as creative as you would imagine it would be.
It’s a lot more like a scrapbook than a traditional planner. Accordingly, you can add and remove pages whenever you like.
The company also makes a wide range of accessories to go with its planners.
These include zippered pockets and other add-ons that make this planner exceptionally convenient. It’s designed to cover an impressive 12 months and is decorated with inspirational artwork throughout.
The weekly views are not particularly detailed, and some users may feel that they are not big enough for recording all appointments and events.
- 12-month dated calendar features a sturdy laminated cover.
- The weekly layouts are in the vertical format that’s favored by students.
- The disc binding allows you to add accessory packs but makes the pages hard to turn.
- Addition packs available for a variety of interests
- Colorful tabbed pages with inspirational quotes
- “Pre-month” pages are particularly helpful with planning
- The disc binding makes page-turning a chore
10. Freedom Spiral Bound Planner Pro for StudentsView at Amazon
If you’re looking for a total life transformation, then this may be the perfect planner. It is designed for academic or professional use, and each month starts with a two-page spread where you can prioritize and plan your monthly goals.
Sections for both personal and professional goals are included as well as a spot for recording annual goals. The section for “Notes and Thoughts” is where you can record anything that can’t be neatly categorized.
In the weekly layout of a planner, you’ll find spots for recording “Tasks & Actions” as well as “Time Management” areas that let you plan every hour of every day.
This undated agenda makes it easy for you to personalize and customize your timekeeping. Other nice features are included at the bottom of each weekly page. These include inspirational quotes and a spot for listing things for which you are grateful.
The “Today Did I …?” section is valuable as it asks the user to reflect on what they accomplished, such as learning something new and performing a random act of kindness. Most people who try this agenda say that it’s a bit like having a life coach that you can carry with you wherever you go. If you need motivation and organization, then give this planner a try.
- A beautifully artistic cover and sheets of stickers make this a unique choice.
- The minimalist design of the pages lets you achieve a new level of clarity while the spiral binding ensures that this planner always lays flat.
- There’s no pen loop, but there are a ribbon bookmark and a strap closure.
- The pages are made using recycled paper.
- Free ebooks with purchase
- Goal-setting layouts for each month
- Layouts specifically for reflecting on progress
- Paper is low-quality
11. Erin Condren Life Planner – Cute Planner for College
This super-fashionable planner is ideal for keeping you on track no matter how busy life gets. It’s available in a stunning variety of colors and patterns on the covers. The Erin Condren Academic Planner is the best planner for nursing school
Also, there are multiple layouts to enable you to plan in whatever manner is most efficient and sensible for you.
The mini-month spreads make mid and long-term planning a cinch. The quote pages are inspirational, and the goal-setting pages are ideal for the busy and ambitious student. Lined pages and dot-grid pages can be used however you like for planning, organizing, or creating.
The tabbed month pages make it easy to navigate, and the included folder and pouch help you to keep track of small bits of paper and extraneous items. These hardbound planners are a bit on the spendy side, but so worth it.
- This eight-by-10-inch planner is larger than many, and it’s equipped with just one ribbon bookmark.
- It lacks a pen holder and a closure strap.
- Nonetheless, it features plenty of room for recording monthly and weekly happenings.
- The weekly layout is presented in a vertical format, which some users prefer.
- Lasts for one year
- Fashionable design
- Vertical layouts for each day
Whether you are on a budget and looking for a planner that has no frills or wants an agenda that lets your imagination run wild, there’s a perfect product for everyone. Any of these top 14 best planners for students deserves to be on your short list of contenders.