Do you or someone you know really like to do things like screen printing?
Don’t you just hate it when you finally get a project done and you know exactly how it should look and everything, just to have your printer not hold up its end of the deal?
Luckily the experts here have a list of the 10 printers for screen printing transparencies! This will make it so much easier for you to get the printer for you and not some knock-off that claims to do what you need it to. Let’s take a look.
Best Printers for Screen Printing:
1. CANON PIXMA iX6820 Wireless Business Printer
This printer is deemed as one of the inkjet printers for screen printing and here is why. This printer is compatible with several different servers. Anything from Windows 7 to Mac OS X can work with this printer.
It also makes really good use of Air Print and Google Cloud Print which makes it that much easier to print from a screen. It even comes equipped with FINE print head technology to make everything you print look sharp and crisp.
- The printer has full photolithography inkjet nozzle engineering.
- It has a performance 5 ink tank system.
- It has 9600 X 2400 dots per inch to help maximize the printing resolution.
- Connecting the printer to your wireless network can be difficult.
- The setup can be confusing if you are not that familiar with the technology.
- It has problems keeping the wireless network set up.
2. Canon PIXMA Pro-100 Wireless Color Professional Inkjet Screen Printing
This printer is known for being able to print some pretty amazing photos. This is because it has 8 dye-based inks and 3 of them are strictly for grayscale inks. That makes it so even your black and white prints come out looking beautiful.
It also has an Optimum Image Generating System. This helps to reproduce the colors that you need by selecting both the ink combination and placement. To make things even better the output tray can hold up to 150 sheets of plain paper, 20 sheets of photo paper, and 10 envelopes. How great is that?
- It is compatible with individual CLI 42 Ink Tanks.
- It has FINE technology that gives your prints incredible details.
- You can print amazing photos on a wide variety of papers.
- If the print head clogs it is really difficult to fix.
- It tends to have problems when it comes to highlights on prints.
- It does go through a lot more ink than most other printers do.
3. Canon PIXMA PRO-10 Color Professional Inkjet Photo Printer
This printer shares the same technology as the other PIXMA printers. It utilizes the Optimum Image Generating System to ensure that you get exactly what you envision. It has a combination of Pigment-based ink and Chroma Optimizer to add some very uniform-looking glossiness to your prints.
This allows the printer to come with a wide color gamut as well as dense blacks to make sure the user is as satisfied as they possibly can be. To make things even better, the optimum image-generating system reproduces colors as you use them. That is one smart printer!
- Compatible with individual PGI- 72 Ink Tanks.
- Since the printer reproduces the ink you use, you can save a lot of money on ink.
- It has 3 monochrome inks dedicated to making amazing black-and-white prints.
- Even though it reproduces ink, it does go through a lot.
- It is not designed to do duplex printing.
- After the company updates its stuff it can be difficult to keep everything connected wirelessly.
4. Epson Artisan 50 Color Inkjet Printer for Screen Printing
This printer is called one of the Epson printers for screen printing. That is easy to see since it can make ultra high-definition prints. It has Claria 6- 6-color ink to put richness, depth, and clarity into the photos it prints.
It is a very professional-looking printer. It is also able to take things like CDs and DVDs and print them onto ink jet printable CDs and DVDs. It comes with several different ink cartridges, so you only have to replace the ones you use and run out of. That makes it easy to keep up with what color you need to keep on hand.
- This printer has better lab-quality photos.
- It prints photos that are scratch, fade, water, and smudge resistant.
- It can print faster than most other printers.
- This printer does not do as well with the Epson Ink.
- Sometimes the prints will have a slight magenta tent to them, even the black and white prints.
- It often refuses high-quality photo paper.
5. Epson SureColor P400 Wireless Color Photo Printer
This is another really good printer for screen printing. It has some creative printing features that are more refined than other printers.
It is very versatile and it has a 13″ wide photo format that gives the user the ability to stretch their creativity. It has fine art, roll paper, and photographic printing. It is also compatible with Windows 10 or newer, Apple OS X 10.11, and many more.
- It is compatible with several different operating systems so just about anyone can use it.
- It can work in temperatures as low as 50 degrees.
- When it comes to cleaning the printer it is not as hard as it sounds.
- When printing with roll papers it will tend to jam.
- If you try to print with paper that is 60LB or greater it will have problems.
6. Expression Photo HD XP-15000 Good Wide-Format Screen Printing Printer
This printer is designed to specifically use Epson ink cartridges only. If you try to use third-party ink, chances are you will end up messing your printer up. With that being said, this printer does print amazing photos in ultra HD.
It has 6-color Claria photo HD ink that includes red and gray ink. This gives the user a really wide range of colors to choose from when they are printing. It has a 50-sheet rear tray that makes doing projects, both professional and non-professional easy.
That includes things like cardstock. Most people would think since this printer can print with cardstock that it would be really big, but surprisingly enough it is compact.
- It fits on any size desktop easily.
- It has a 200-sheet paper tray as well as supports auto 2-sided printing.
- After activation, the user can get Dash Replenishment for their ink so they will not have to worry about running out.
- The very specific ink cartridges are really small and hard to find.
- The printer tends to suffer from chronically clogged ink.
- If the printer needs any kind of alignment it will band the user.
7. Brother Screen Printing Inkjet Printer
This printer is really good for people who need a photo printer and are on a budget. That is because the Brother INK vestment cartridges make it to where the user ends up paying less than 1 cent for black and white prints.
It can print automatic duplex 2-sided prints, so it works great as a business printer. This printer is also able to be connected to several different laptops, desktops, tablets, and even phones all at once. This makes it possible for you to scan and even print things from all your different devices. How great is that?
- With Wi-Fi, you can print from basically anywhere.
- After the printer is activated the company can keep an eye on the toner and order some for you when it gets low.
- This printer comes with a 2-year warranty.
- The company does not have a user-friendly website so when the printer says to refer to the website it can be difficult.
- The parts of the printer are not as durable as you would think.
- It can have problems connecting to your wireless network.
8. Epson SureColor P800 Color Printer for Screen Printing
This printer has a print quality that is unmatched by other printers. It has UltraChrome HD links that deliver very vivid colors and even superior black density. This alone has significantly improved the longevity of the prints.
This printer can handle 17″ borderless print so you will not have to worry about trimming any pictures. It comes with level 3 black ink technology that goes hand-in-hand with its advanced black-and-white photo mode.
This gives your black-and-white photos a very professional look. That will help when it comes to not spending a lot on your pictures.
- It has 9 ink cartridges that hold up to 80ml of ink.
- It works with AirPrint and Google Cloud.
- This printer can work in crazy hot temperatures.
- If you get the Grey Market version of this printer it does not qualify for the rebate.
- Since this product is sold outside of the U.S. there is no warranty.
9. HP DESOGNJET T120 24-in 2018 ED. Printer
This is another really good printer for screen printing. That is because it gives you the ability to take full control of your printing jobs. This printer makes it so that you can print very technical documents from the comfort of your own home and save time and money.
Since it is only 24″ big, it is the perfect size for any size studio or office. It is safe to say that this printer is small enough to fit anywhere but still big enough to take on any printing job you have. This paired with being very professional looking makes this the perfect printer for anyone who runs a photography business out of their home.
- It fits ANYWHERE.
- This printer can be moved easily.
- It can be connected to Wi-Fi for wireless printing.
10. HP Envy 4520 Wireless All-in-One Photo Printer
With this HP photo printer, you can copy, scan, and print wirelessly. It has 2 sided printing as well as a touchscreen for you to pick exactly what you want the printer to do. It also comes with Instant Ink Ready so you will not have to worry about ever running out of ink again and so many more cool features.
With mobile printing, you can use your phone or tablet to print from just about anywhere as long as you have the HP ePrint app. You can print borderless photos right up to the edge of the paper. This makes it so that you get really beautiful pictures without having to worry about trimming them.
It gives you the ability to do 2 sided printing which will cut your paper usage down by at least 50%. Along with being able to save half on paper, you can save 50% on ink with HP Instant Ink. This has the printer order your ink for you when it gets low.
- You can print, copy, or scan quickly and easily.
- It supports a good range of different paper sizes.
- It comes with a 1-year warranty.
- Since the printer is eligible for HP Instant Ink it makes printer sends you pop-ups every time you print.
- The entire setup process can take a good bit of time.
This is a pretty impressive list, to say the least. If I had to pick the one that I would go with would probably be the HP Envy 4520 Wireless All-in-One Photo Printer. I like this printer mainly because, even though personally do not print a lot of pictures I do not like having to try to trim them afterward.
They never look straight afterward and that alone really bothers me. If this printer is too far out of your price range, you might want to look at the Brother Inkjet Printer. This printer is not as fancy as some of the others, but it still gets the job done