Teachers and students rely on #2 pencils for note-taking, homework, and exams. Not every #2 pencil is the same, even though they’re all similar. This article lists a few high-quality options and examines their features in detail.
We’ve used #2 pencils for a long period and remember them fondly after years of school. Some of us are artists and writers, so the quality of a pencil means a lot to us.
Using the right pencil is essential for performing admirably, so let’s take a look at some of the number 2 pencils out on the market.
Best Number 2 Pencils:
1. AmazonBasics #2 Pencils
AmazonBasics #2 pencils are exactly what you’d expect from a very basic and standard wooden pencil.
Tiny errors were noted by both fans and opponents of this pencil brand, but those who enjoyed these pencils still recommended and praised them. No standard wooden pencil is completely immune from breaking, so a few consumers felt that the quality didn’t meet their high expectations.
When you think of a pencil that’s commonly used in school, you probably think of the standard yellow #2 pencil. That’s why AmazonBasics #2 pencils are some of the #2 pencils for school.
- They’re non-toxic
- They last a long time
- The medium-soft graphite is claimed to be break-resistant
- Contain HB lead, which is a standard form of leadership that is found in #2 pencils
- Latex-free erasers make these pencils safe for anyone
- These pencils come pre-sharpened
- These pencils are standard and reliable for those who use #2 pencils
- These pencils are known to break
2. Ticonderoga Pencils
Ticonderoga pencils are also a golden standard when you are searching for basic #2 pencils to use in school.
Ticonderoga pencils are not completely resistant to damage, so there were buyers who felt the need to point that out. A few buyers denied Ticonderoga’s claim that their pencils are the “best around.” However, some pickier buyers appreciated these pencils and considered them a reliable standard to use in their daily lives.
Regardless of how much Ticonderoga speaks about how they make the pencils, the pencils they create are an undeniably useful tool to have in any classroom or office.
- Claimed to contain an exclusive and unique graphite formula
- If you need them in a hurry, these pencils are pre-sharpened
- The components are guaranteed to be non-toxic
- Come in three different sizes
- Comfortable to use
- Top quality, latex-free eraser provides easy, clean corrections
- Many of the components are strong and respectful of nature
- These pencils use standard #2 graphite
- These pencils are not always as great as they’re touted to be
3. ARTEZA #2 Graphite Pencils
Getting pencils from a trustworthy company will ensure you have the experience possible, like ARTEZA. Their pencils should satisfy teachers, artists, and other professionals.
Parents purchasing pencils for their kids to use at school were sufficiently pleased with ARTEZA’s line of #2 HB pencils. The reliability of the pencil’s structure and graphite made customers praise the product. Customers on a budget were glad to say that these pencils performed tremendously well for the price they were sold at.
Professionals may want the most basic pencils available but still, stick to high-quality ones at reasonable prices. ARTEZA #2 graphite pencils will support any individual with their writing and drawing needs.
- Certified to be non-toxic
- Erasers latex-free
- It has perfectly smooth graphite for school
- The eraser is designed to limit smudging and protect paper
- The coating of these pencils makes them comfortable to hold
- These pencils come pre-sharpened
- They use standard #2 graphite that flows smoothly
- 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
- There are no wooden pencils that can resist all forms of damage
4. Dixon Golf Pencils
Pencils don’t just need to be used for schoolwork or artwork. Dixon makes pencils that are perfect for golfers.
Even though these pencils are made for activities besides school, many teachers praise this product and use it as a backup. Not all consumers were happy with their product and demanded refunds. Despite this, these pencils are well-appreciated by the community that relies on them.
Pencils of good quality don’t have to take up a lot of space. For anyone who’s always using writing tools on the go, small pencils like Dixon Golf pencils may be ideal.
- The short length of these pencils makes them convenient on the go
- The cores consist of smooth and reliable #2 HB lead graphite
- All components and ingredients of this product are non-toxic
- These small and nifty pencils can be easily used on the go
- Compatible with a wide range of activities and hobbies
- They don’t come with erasers
- They aren’t always easy to erase
5. Scentco Graphite Smencils
If you want to make writing and drawing a more enticing and unique experience, go for Scentco Graphite Smencils, which may significantly please your nose.
This item is extremely loved by a wide number of consumers. The pleasant aromas emitted by Scentco’s scented graphite pencils are precious and cherished. A few individuals were a bit sickened by the smell and felt that they were more of a distraction than a helpful classroom tool. Still, many consumers felt the opposite of that.
Standard #2 pencils don’t have to be dull. You can mix things up and still get the graphite quality you want. Smencils may make schoolwork more exciting.
- Smencils give off pleasant odors for about two years
- Odors are fruit-based and include classic scents like Blue Slushie, Pineapple Swirl, Strawberry Cheesecake, Jelly Donut, and Rainbow Sherbet
- They consist of recycled newspaper
- Bring a unique and fun experience to schoolwork
- They are pre-sharpened
- They use the #2 HB lead
- These pencils are unique and give off pleasant aromas
- The aromas can help children focus on schoolwork
- The graphite is standard #2 HB
- Not everyone enjoys the smell of these pencils
- The aroma can be a distraction
- These pencils aren’t completely immune to damage
6. BIC Xtra-Fun Stripes Graphite Pencils
BIC Xtra-Fun Stripes graphite pencils are also a unique product to use in a classroom or art studio.
The attractiveness of these pencils made them an interesting buy for customers. The durability of the graphite was impressive even to overly critical teachers. Some customers noted that the pencil’s structure was prone to bending or that the graphite wasn’t smooth and easy to write with. Overall, the positive reviews outweighed the negative ones.
If you’re looking for some good number 2 pencils that have a bit of a charming flair to them, the alluring colors of BIC Xtra-Fun graphite pencils can satisfy you.
- They’re made to be easily sharpened
- The lead is specially designed to resist breakage
- The components and ingredients are certified as non-toxic
- These pens are adorned with bright and alluring colors
- The #2 HB graphite is easily erasable
- No latex can be found in the erasers
- The wood is brightly-colored and makes writing a bit more fun
- The pencil is perfect for classrooms due to its #2 HB graphite
- These pencils might be mistaken for colored pencils
- Despite the durability of these pencils, any pencil can break
7. Paper Mate Mirado Black Warrior Pencils
To be more serious about your writing pencils and highly appreciate their quality, seek #2 pencils like Paper Mate Mirado Black Warrior pencils.
Some people feel that the Mirado Black Warrior Woodcase pencils are disappointing. The fanciness of the package still brought customers in. The quality was good enough for them, so they praised this product. For most people, it was reliable and durable.
If you want to use standard #2 pencils and don’t need them in bulk, Paper Mate Mirado Black Warrior pencils can serve you well.
- Used non-toxic HB graphite
- Pencils are not sharpened
- Compliance, Standards: PMA Certified Nontoxic
- They’re similar to any average #2 pencil
- These pencils can be used for artwork or schoolwork
- They’re a bit pricier than average #2 pencils
8. Madisi #2 Pencils
A standard yellow pencil is easily identifiable, and Madisi’s #2 pencils represent standard pencils very well.
Critical pencil buyers were adequately satisfied by this product. A small handful of consumers were displeased with the durability and experienced breakages too easily. These pencils were deemed perfect by teachers and performed reliably in many situations.
If you’re looking for high-quality #2 pencils to use in a classroom or office, the pencils offered by Madisi are a great option.
- Have a hexagonal structure that increases grip
- The pencils come pre-sharpened
- The erasers are latex-free and also clean pencil marks efficiently
- Designed to be break-resistant
- These pencils provide every feature that a standard #2 pencil should have
- The company sells this product in bulk for a fair price
- No pencil is completely invulnerable to breakages
Making the Decision
Artists, teachers, and students benefit immensely from standard #2 pencils. The pencils listed in this article provide every feature that a standard #2 pencil should have.
If you want a very unique and exciting experience to ramp up the fun of whatever you’re doing, Scentco’s Smencils will work great for you. Serious pencil users and teachers will likely benefit from high-quality and basic pencils like the ones from Madisi.
Pay more attention to your writing utensil, and you’ll notice a difference in your performance. Not all pencils are identical, so it helps to question their strengths and weaknesses