You find the perfect Chromebook and now you need a printer. Not just any printer will work with a Chromebook, you have to make sure you find one that will work with that operating system.
It can be difficult to find a printer that does everything you need and will work with your computer. However, we have done the work for you. We have gathered the best printers to use with Chromebook. Below you will find the top 10 list of printers compatible with Chromebook.
All you have to do is find the one that will meet your needs and fit in your budget.
Best Printers for Chromebook:
1. HP OfficeJet 3830 All-in-One Wireless Printer
For under $100 the HP OfficeJet is able to get all your office or home office jobs done, it is one of the best printers for Chromebooks. Not only can you print from anywhere using your phone or tablet through the HP app, but you can connect your Chromebook to this printer wirelessly.
This printer offers laser-quality document printing and lab-worthy photo printing. It is also able to copy, scan, and fax in one compact device.
Consumers enjoy this product because it is reasonably priced and has a lot of features. It is a reliable printer that is easy to set up and it intuitive. The ink comes in 2 cartridges, black, and color.
You can also sign up for a program that will send out discounted ink before your ink runs out. This device also has a paper feeder which adds more convenience when copying a lot of documents.
- Mobile Printing allows you to print from anywhere and almost any device
- The quiet mode offers minimal noise
- High-quality documents and photos from your computer or smartphone
- Ink Replenishment Program that will send ink before you run out, automatically.
- Compact design that will fit anywhere
- All in one device that will print, copy, scan, and fax
- Will connect to almost any device or operating system
- The feeder tray can sometimes grab an extra paper
2. Canon TS5120 Wireless All-In-One Printer with Scanner and Copier
Canon TS5120 Wireless All-In-One Printer with Scanner and Copier is a good printer option for Chromebooks. It costs under $200 and is able to handle almost any task that you have in a home office.
The printer is able to AirPrint, which allows you to print from different cloud services and devices. Available in white and black it is able to fit in with any office décor.
Consumers report that this printer is able to be set up quickly and it is easy to use. It is inexpensive and able to get a lot done, in a small package.
By downloading the print app it opens up more uses by being able to print from tablets and phones. The ink can be expensive, but the price of the printer, it is still a good deal.
- Simple to connect to any tablet, computer, or phone
- Compact size available in multiple colors
- AirPrint is available with internal WiFi and auto on/off
- Scan, copy, or print from anywhere
- Is easy to set up and begin using
- A reliable printer that is able to do many jobs
- Compact and available in multiple colors
- The Paper tray is small and does not hold a lot of paper
3. Brother Compact Monochrome Laser Printer
Brother Compact Monochrome Laser Printer is one of the best laser printers for Chromebook. It not only is able to print thousands of pages per toner cartridge, but you can also buy toner for a very reasonable price.
Compact design that will work in a small to the medium office or in a home. The printer can connect to WiFi and give the ability to print wirelessly.
Consumers prefer this printer because of its ability to print at such a high volume. The number of pages that can be printed per toner cartridge is enough to pay for the printer.
This printer is moderately priced with extreme value. Toner gives flawless results and it will even print from mobile devices. Easy for anyone to be able to set up quickly.
- Capable of high-volume printing
- Large-capacity paper tray
- Duplex printing for double-sided printing
- Quick and easy setup
- Can print several thousand pages before replacing toner
- Will connect to mobile devices for printing
- A large paper tray that holds 250 pages
- Only prints in black
4. HP OfficeJet Pro 9015 All-in-One Wireless Printer
HP Officejet Pro is a reliable printer that can handle all your office tasks of printing, copying, scanning, or faxing. The device can print from almost any kind of device and has an automatic two-sided print.
Not only can it print from mobile devices, but you can also use USB print and scan emails. The dual-sided automatic document feature can help any office or person be more efficient.
This printer is preferred by consumers because it has so many features that allow them to be more productive. There are a lot of multi-function printers available but this one has a lot of features that up productivity.
The document feeder and double scan are two of the more important functions consumers mention.
- Compact all-in-one that will print, scan, copy, and fax
- Automatic two-sided print, copy and scan
- Print from smartphone, tablets, or USB
- Scan images into an email or a USB drive
- Double-sided print, copy, and scan
- Document feeder that can handle 35 pages at a time
- Can print remotely using the app
- Expensive, compared to similar printers
- Ink is more expensive if you print high volume
5. HP ENVY 5055 Wireless All-in-One Photo Printer
HP ENVY 5055 Wireless All-in-One Photo Printer is a cheap printer for Chromebook that is able to print, scan, and copy documents or photos.
The printer will work with the HP app to be able to print remotely and it will print from your camera or cloud. Equipped to be used with WiFi or Bluetooth for stable and steady connections.
As a cheap printer for Chromebook, this printer will get the job done. It does not have a lot of extra features and if you don’t print a lot consumers recommend signing up for the ink replenishment program.
Installation is fairly easy and can be done rather quickly. The app is a great bonus that can make working remotely much easier.
- Bluetooth and WiFi connections
- Two-sided printing
- Capable of printing, scanning, and copying documents or photos
- Borderless printing
- Easy and quick setup
- Affordable printer
- Offers subscription programs for cheaper ink
- Ink is expensive without a subscription program
- WiFi tends to disconnect often
6. Epson EcoTank ET-2720 Wireless Color All-in-One Printer
Epson offers a good printer in the higher price range that is able to print, copy, and scan. Instead of the typical ink cartridges, this printer uses bottles of ink. This offers a high-volume printing experience.
Ink will last about 2 years with printing about 125 pages a month. Wireless printing from smartphones and tablets is an easy and great feature. It is also possible to view ink levels on the front of the printer.
The printer arrives with ink and will last a long while. It is easy to load and has no hassles with cartridges. The long-term cost is variable, but it will give longer printing with the tank system. Consumers like the easy-to-understand control panel that controls the device. It is a green printer that is better for the environment.
- Easy wireless printing from smartphones or tablets
- Less waste of ink with the bottles of ink
- Bottled ink will print about 4,500 pages in black and 7,500 color
- Compact design that will fit anywhere
- Comes with ink that will last a while
- Excellent print quality for photos and documents
- An intuitive control panel that is easy to use and understand
- Small paper tray
- Awkward to load the tray with paper
- Slow printing speed
7. Canon PIXMA MG3620 Wireless All-In-One Color Inkjet Printer
Canon PIXMA is one of the cheapest printers on the market. This printer includes the ability to print, scan, and copy.
Setup is quick and easy, comparable to plug and play. You can also use Airprint and print from mobile devices. A compact device that comes in black, white, or red.
Consumers prefer this printer because it is inexpensive and is able to do all the necessary jobs of printing, copying, and scanning. Unlike many other printers, you only have to keep black ink in the printer to be able to print.
It is perfect for low usage and for use with the school. It does not have extra frills but will do the job and do it efficiently with good quality.
- Two-sided print capabilities
- Canon Print can be downloaded for mobile device printing
- AirPrint for printing from Apple devices
- Can use only black ink
- Can do two-sided printing for saving paper
- Do not have to have color ink installed to use
- Will copy, scan, and print
- It one of the least inexpensive all-in-one printers available
- Ink can become expensive if needing to print higher volume
- Some reports of jamming and blurred printing
8. Epson Expression Home XP-4200 Wireless Color Printer with Scanner and Copier
Epson Expression Home is one of the best options for cloud printers for Chromebook. The color LCD screen gives simple navigation and adds to the simplicity of the setup. Completely wireless, you can print from any tablet, computer, phone, or device that will connect.
You can print projects and documents using hands-free voice-activated printing. Ink dries quickly and will not blur your photos and documents.
Consumers prefer the inexpensive price and the easy setup. The quality of the prints is excellent, and the ink dries without smearing. The printer unit is compact and able to be tucked away and does not take up a lot of space on a desk.
Each ink cartridge can be replaced so you do not have to buy a full set of ink every time it starts running low. The printer works well with many devices and especially for Chromebook.
- Ink is in individual cartridges for colors
- Prints from voice activation when using the app
- Color LCD screen for navigation and setup
- Excellent print quality that dries quickly and clearly
- An inexpensive printer and high-quality prints
- Set up is quick and easy
- Intuitive to use the printer without extra reading
- Ink is very expensive for this printer
- No multi-sheet feeder
9. Brother Wireless All-in-One Inkjet Printer
Brother Wireless all in one is a trusted brand and an inexpensive printer. It is able to accomplish all the tasks you may have in an office or need for a school setting.
Connect wirelessly with any device and print on the go using the different apps available. Even includes an automatic document feeder that can hold up to 100 sheets of paper.
The features combined with the inexpensive price are the main reason consumers choose this printer. Brother is a trusted brand in printers and gives you free support for the life of the printer.
It’s reliable and able to print at a high volume without the cost of other brands of printers.
- Easy to connect with built-in wireless or through USB
- Mobile printing for being able to print on the go
- Automatic document feeder and flexible printing tray
- Two-sided printing is automatic and saves paper
- More options and features for a more inexpensive price
- Automatically prints double-sided pages
- WiFi allows you to print at any time and from anywhere
- Ink lasts longer than other inkjet printers
- Prints slowly
10. Epson Expression Premium XP-6000 Wireless Color Photo Printer
Epson Expression Premium XP-6000 Wireless Color Photo Printer is a moderately priced printer that is able to copy and scan. This printer is about $150 and is designed to print photos effortlessly.
It can print a quality 4” x 6” photo in about 15 seconds. Besides photo printing, you are able to print two-sided documents and it includes dedicated paper trays for different sizes.
Consumes choose this printer when they are looking for an affordable printer that will not only print documents but also handle their photo printing needs. It is able to give quality prints at home.
Designed to be able to connect your phone and tablet to print photos or documents right at home without any cords. Ink is individual cartridges and is more affordable when compared to similar brands.
- Quality prints and documents
- Fast print speeds
- Convenient two-sided printing
- The color LCD screen on the front of the unit
- Can insert memory cards or connect wirelessly for easy printing
- Two-sided printing is automatic and will save paper
- Ink colors are sold individually and will ultimately save money
- Dedicated paper trays for easier printing
- Setup can be difficult
- Ink can be hard to find
Factors to Consider When Buying Printers for Chromebook
One of the most important factors to consider when buying a printer to use with your Chromebook is budget. How much do you want to spend on your printer? How much does maintaining ink cost?
Those are two important factors to consider first. Sometimes a printer is $40, but then the ink is $50 for one cartridge and will only last 150 pages.
In this instance, the printer is more expensive. Inkjet printers cost more than a printer that takes toner. It is also important to see where ink is available and what the prices of those units are.
Another factor to consider is the connection you need to have with your printer. Can you print wirelessly, or do you want to have a USB cable connection? Some people do not have WiFi and can’t use a wireless printer.
Here is where you decide if you want to be able to share a network for printing. Is the printer just for you, an entire office, or a family? Network features matter when you may need to share.
Also, take into account the features you are wanting your printer to have. Do you need a simple printer that only prints in black or do you need one that can scan, copy, and fax?
There are printers that will connect to clouds or apps to be able to print when you are on the go. This is an important feature for those who travel or work on the go often.
Remember that all printers will not work on all computers or devices. Some printers are not designed to work with the Chromebook operating system, and some will not work with MAC or Windows. Above are recommended printers for Chromebook, but there are many out there that will not connect.
Printers for Chromebook FAQ
Will printers “plug and play” on Chromebook?
Chromebook has a different operating system from MAC or Windows. Printers do not typically come with the drivers to be able to just plug in and use when it comes to a Chromebook. You will need to be prepared to buy and set up a printer to use CloudPrint. This is not difficult and once you do it, it becomes an easy task. Google has many tutorials to help get you through the process.
Do all the features work on the printer if I connect to my Chromebook?
Yes, if your printer is able to connect to the Chromebook operating system or it has the Cloud Print service then you will be able to use all the different features. This includes using scan, copy, and fax. Just verify that your printer is compatible with Chromebook and you should not have any issues.
Can I connect to a printer through a cord?
The short answer to this is yes. Some printers are designed to work with all operating systems. If your printer does work with the Chromebook OS then you will be able to plug the printer up to your computer and use it. Just make sure that you add the printer to your computer so that it will find it when you go to use it. Although, wireless printers that work with Chromebook are the more common printer.
What Are You Waiting For?
There are many wireless printers that work with Chromebook. We have covered the top 10 printers that will work the best with your computer. If you are looking to get a printer that just prints the Brother Monochrome printer will give you the best results. It is inexpensive and can print thousands of pages before needing new ink.
Should you need one with all the extra features of scan, copying, or faxing the Epson printer will be your best bet. It is moderately priced, but the ink is bottled and will last a long time. It can also do many tasks that the other printers cannot.
Now that you know more about printers for Chromebook than the average consumer, it is time to get to shopping.
Get the printer that is able to make your life more productive and get the job done